- Ph.D., Economics, Yale University
- M.Phil., Economics, Yale University
- M.A., Economics, Yale University
- B.A., Economics, Vassar College
Dr. Lemon specializes in the economic analysis of competition issues, including antitrust and consumer deception claims. He advises clients involved in legal and regulatory proceedings and has testified in litigation before federal court. He also leads teams supporting other testifying experts. Dr. Lemon has extensive experience on matters of class certification, liability and damages in such industries as energy, transportation, agriculture, automobiles, single-copy magazines, and packaged goods. Prior to joining Matrix Economics, Dr. Lemon was a Vice President at Compass Lexecon where he supported high-profile testifying experts, including Professor Joseph Kalt of Harvard University. In addition to consulting, Dr. Lemon has taught microeconomics and energy economics at Northeastern University and Vassar College.
- SolarCity v. Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District, analysis of anticompetitive concerns arising from unilateral conduct, on behalf of SolarCity.
- Anderson News, LLC, et al., v. American Media, Inc., et al., analysis of alleged conspiracy among magazine publishers to boycott the distribution services of Anderson News on behalf of Defendants.
- In Re: New Motor Vehicles Canadian Export Antitrust Litigation, analysis of class certification issues arising from alleged conspiracy among automobile manufacturers to restrict gray market imports of new vehicles from Canada, on behalf of Defendants.
- Stand Energy Corp., et al. v. Columbia Gas Transmission, et al., analysis of class certification issues arising from alleged preferential access to natural gas pipeline, on behalf of Columbia Gas Transmission.
- James Paul Mooney and Lazy Coyote RV Village, LLC, et al., v. Union Pacific Railroad Company, et al.; and In re SFPP Right-of-Way Claims, analysis of class certification issues arising from alleged trespassing by pipeline, on behalf of Union Pacific Railroad Company.
- “Solar’s Achilles’ Heel Opens Door To Exclusionary Conduct,” Law360, March 30, 2018.
- “Rigorous Analysis to Bridge the Inference Gap in Class Certification” (with Steven Peterson), Journal of Competition Law and Economics, Vol. 7, March 2011.
- “Anatomy of Sealed-Bid Auctions” (with Joseph Cavicchi), Public Utilities Fortnightly, June 2009.